Sunday, January 11, 2015

The contemptuous burp....


I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this expression of machismo .  I have seen it now many times, and I am still trying to understand what it means.  A male counterpart will cross my path on occasion, and find the need to communicate a burp. There is no way that this spontaneous emission of gastric fumes could happen with such regularity. Upon every entrance into a room....or every time paths are crossed...a necessary thumping of the chest whittled down into a seemingly harmless...yet insidiously contemptuous....BURP!     I can't help but wonder what spawns this uncanny show of machismo from some personalities.  Has anyone else noticed this behavior from some?  The contemptuous burp!   It's a real thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment