Monday, November 9, 2015

A Bicycle ride with Cynical Luke...

A Bicycle ride with Cynical Luke...
Bike riding.
 Healthy stuff!!
 Bonding with daughter. Girlie giggles echoing against the dorky drawl of Dad. 
It's only the beginning. 
Jogging by next week. Tennis tennis tennis!  ...coming in the afternoons! Lifting weights by Christmas. Bulging biceps by June!  
Old body renewed...It will all begin with the healthful bike ride to the Winn-Dixie with my dear  sweet daughter.

Front brakes didn't work. Glided through a stop sign with a stupid grin on my face. Got the "number one" from oncoming old coot in a Lincoln Town car. Crotchety old coot! 
 But after reflecting a bit...I realized  ... he was probably only a coupla years older than me!

 Turned on to a less traveled street. Almost instantly found that freaky Florida phenomena ...and gulped down half a cloud of white flies. 
Got to intersection. Splashed through a rank smelling puddle. Not a germpo-phob, but I instantly felt nausea and intense fever. " I may have  a quick  acting typhoid."  ...I thought to myself.  A small panic attack set in...
Removed my biking jacket and moved on...

Chain came off. My last pair of good jeans are three years old anyway.

Shadowed a diesel furniture truck most of the way in traffic. Alveoli stiffening.

Avoided puffy dead possum. ( or was he really dead??). 

Took an old shortcut that doesn't exist anymore. Jumped a curb that made my back spasm.

Was offered change and half an old sandwich at intersection.  I took it.  

Returned  "red box" flick with Brendan's 75 dollar Mortal Combat video game in it. Did bicycle riding math...and need to watch the "Forest Gump" dvd still in dvd player 27 more times to break even on video game loss. 

 Wasted 25 bucks on a sucker's dream and the latest Florida lotto scratch-off.

 Envied illicit freedom of dumpster divers while riding down the back of the old Winn-Dixie. Thinking.."maybe,  just maybe...I can quit my job and join them." But I would have to find a smaller cart for Kayley...because she can't see over the big cart.  "I'll figure it out when I get home..."..

Somehow, some way stopped by Ormonds famous "Ghost train " at RR crossing.

 Cellphone jostled out of my pocket and landed on RR track .
...daughter picked up and gave me the pity smirk.

Gears stopped shifting....got stuck in tenth gear. Home is uphill all the way. 
Stomach cramps from activities unrelated to computer.
Forgot milk. 
Squished bread. 
Was sure to double bag ice cream sandwiches to shield from Florida heat...Yeah, ...that  didn't work .
New bike added to already cumbersome Christmas list. 
Black cat crossed path on way home. Orange cat ...I'm sorry!!!..I thought for sure he would move!
 (He did , but the way he looked at me when I passed him made black cats seem lucky) . 

Hoggishly gulped down Ultra large and Mega healthy Three Musketeers bar before entering driveway so no-one else would discover it and ask for some
 Ready for another ride tomorrow!     

 .....this health kick is gonna kill me  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment