Monday, November 7, 2016

Easy Choices , (not by Robert Frost)

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
a  timid soul that could not take both
And so this soul shortly stood
And scarcely looked at one
that it should..
take me to places not understood.

So I took the one worn worse for wear
A sheep not needing to be tamed
The path  was cleared and trouble free
For many had trodden it before me
A life for which I could not be blamed

And though both roads might lead to home
The trodden leaves and wind at my back
Showed me light where darkness roamed
Though I walked in the shadows of sheep not black.

I shall be telling this.. with great sigh..
As I look back  with much repent
Two roads diverged in a wood,  and I--
I took the road most traveled by
And I have made no difference..

No comments:

Post a Comment