Sunday, November 10, 2013

Foreshadowed

   Oh....the days and years I have known this man. This man , who was once a boy and could never have imagined this day....
     As I gazed inside the mirror...a terrible fright sent chills through my bones and shrank my skin!  ....for the man there was someone I did not know.
     Staring back in a lifeless gaze was a body empty of spirit. And...as if a soul hovering gently over it...was studied from outside of it.
     Who was this man?  That was known,   but not recognized at the moment. The body had separated from the spirit.....and that spirit watched from a close distance.
      A momentary separation of body and soul. Perhaps, their parting was unexpected and frighteningly foreign?  Or perhaps there was an obscure  recognition of each...and the astounding effect of realizing their individuality.
     Whatever the case,  I wish to keep my spirit aloft now and again,  watching as if remote...at times...seeing this man I have become.  We have been together for so long, yet rarely stop to recognize eachother.  My soul....removed from my body...saw lifelessness there.  My body...cold and frightened...empty and scared..
     For now , we work together in endless harmonious debate.  But we will separate once again when fear subsides..... for that moment...which instilled much fear and angst....we know we must experience again someday soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment